Another party fave! You can serve this with crackers or get a loaf of Hawaiian Sweet Bread, hollow it out making a bowl, fill the bowl with the dip and cut the pieces you took out into bite sized cubes to dip. When it is empty cut the bread bowl and eat again!
- 1 pkg cream cheese softened
- 1 16 oz sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon onion powder or minced onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 1 package frozen chopped spinich (or 1 package fresh spinich chopped)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 can water chestnuts (drained) finely chopped
Thaw and drain spinich. In medium bowl, mix sour cream, cream cheese, garlic, onion powder, cilantro, salt & pepper until creamy and no lumps. (using a mixer will make this much easier.) Fold in spinach and water chestnuts, stir until well mixed. Cover & refrigerate 2 hours. Remove and stir again. Serve with crackers or make a bread bowl.